All our professionals at Groton Dental Group maintain the highest levels of accreditation and pursue ongoing education to stay abreast of the latest trends in dentistry.
Dennis Flanagan, DDS MSc
Dr. Dennis Flanagan is the managing partner of a two location private general dental group practice with 35 employees. He is a diplomate of the American Board of General Dentistry, International Congress of Oral Implantologists and American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry. Dr. Flanagan is an Attending Dentist for the US Olympic Committee and the Windham Community Memorial Hospital where he was Chief of Dentistry for more than 8 years.
Dr. Flanagan has published over 100 articles in dentistry and holds six US patents on medical and dental devices. He has made many presentations at national and international dental conferences. Dr. Flanagan is an Honored Fellow of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, Fellow of the Academy of Osseointegration and American Board of Forensic Dentistry. He is on the editorial board of several dental journals. He is a former editorial consultant to the Academy of Osseointegration, and former editor for Oakstone Medical publishing. He is an examining board member of the American Board of General Dentistry and American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry. He is a senior associate editor for the Journal of Oral Implantology. He has been a paid consultant to Proctor and Gamble, Blue Cross, and National Medical Insurance Consultants. He is a Georgetown University School of Dentistry (DDS) graduate, has studied oral implantology at Harvard University Dental School (certificate) and at the Goethe Medical University, Frankfurt Germany (MSc). He is an associate professor in dental medicine at Lugano University of Switzerland Malta.
- University of Maryland: BS Chemistry and Math, Chemistry Honorary
- Georgetown University: Research Fellowship - four awards in radio - calcium absorption - ADA presentation
- Harvard University School of Dental Medicine- Oral Implantology CE- P Schnitman
- Oral Cancer Student Intern - Memorial Sloan-Kettering Medical Center New York, NY
- CE> 7000 CEUs on AGD registry
- Goethe Medical University, U of Frankfurt, Germany- MSc Oral Implantology
- Associate Professor of Dental Medicine, Lugano U of Switzerland HEI- Malta
- Master- Academy of General Dentistry
- Diplomate- American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry
- Diplomate- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Fellow- American Board of Forensic Dentistry
- Fellow/Honored Fellow- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Diplomate- American Board of General Dentistry
- Fellow- Academy of Osseointegration
- Member- ADA, AGD, APS, AO, ICOI, AAID, AADE, CScEd, AADEJ, NEDS
- ResearchGate score: 30.84, 87.5%- Impact Points 73.91
Bruce Dougherty, DDS
- 1981 - Doctor of Dental Surgery, Northwestern University Dental School, Chicago, IL
- 1976 - Bachelor of Science, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
Activities and Memberships
- Private Practice with Windham & Groton Dental Group Since 1981
- On Staff at Windham Hospital 1982-2005
- American Dental Association, CT State Dental Association, Northeastern CT Dental Association, Association of Dental Group Practice
Nicolina Soucy, General Manager
General Manager of CT Dental Group for 37 years. When not at work, I love spending time with my 5 grandchildren and family. I love cooking and gardening. Ask me "What is my favorite dish to prepare?"
Dana Rogers, RDH
Dana has had the pleasure working for Windham Dental Group for 18 years. She prides herself at performing gentle dental and gingival clensing without judgement. Her objective is to complete the cleansing with the patient obtaining a better understanding of his or her oral health and demonstating personal skills one can apply at home to improve one's oral hygiene.
Becky Gates, RDH
Becky is a 2009 graduate from the University of New Haven with her Associates of Science in Dental Hygiene. She has been with the practice since she graduated in 2009. She prides herself in professionalism and assessing each patient’s needs individually. She strives to provide comfortable care with prophylactic cleanings as well as periodontal treatment in combination with patient education and oral hygiene instruction. Becky is also certified in the administration of local anesthesia. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her husband Kevin and daughter Natalie.
Erika, Head Dental Assistant
Alicia, Dental Assistant
Christina Carpenter, Dental Assistant
Elissa Saad, Dental Assistant
Elissa went to Huntington Institute for Dental Assisting. She has been in the dental field for 35 years. She has worked for the Windham and Groton Dental Group since 2014. In her spare time she enjoys decorating and painting.
Michelle, Dental Assistant
Donna - Insurance Coordinator
Donna has worked at the Windham Dental Group for 22 years. She specializes in insurance and accounts. Donna also took a dental assisting course at Windham Tech School.