All our professionals at Groton Dental Group maintain the highest levels of accreditation and pursue ongoing education to stay abreast of the latest trends in dentistry.
- Christine Zhang - Dental Assistant
- Aisa Mariano - Dental Assistant
- Brenda Perry - Dental Assistant
- Christina Carpenter - Dental Assistant
- Elissa Saad - Dental Assistant
- Jorge Ramirez - Lab Technician
- Kathy Tulba - Insurance Coordinator
- Nicolina Soucy - General Manager
- Sherry Shakeshaft - Billing Specialist
- Whitney Pope - Receptionist
- Robin MacMahon - Receptionist
Dennis Flanagan, DDS MSc
Dr. Dennis Flanagan is the managing partner of a two location private general dental group practice with 35 employees. He is a diplomate of the American Board of General Dentistry, International Congress of Oral Implantologists and American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry. Dr. Flanagan is an Attending Dentist for the US Olympic Committee and the Windham Community Memorial Hospital where he was Chief of Dentistry for more than 8 years.
Dr. Flanagan has published over 100 articles in dentistry and holds six US patents on medical and dental devices. He has made many presentations at national and international dental conferences. Dr. Flanagan is an Honored Fellow of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, Fellow of the Academy of Osseointegration and American Board of Forensic Dentistry. He is on the editorial board of several dental journals. He is a former editorial consultant to the Academy of Osseointegration, and former editor for Oakstone Medical publishing. He is an examining board member of the American Board of General Dentistry and American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry. He is a senior associate editor for the Journal of Oral Implantology. He has been a paid consultant to Proctor and Gamble, Blue Cross, and National Medical Insurance Consultants. He is a Georgetown University School of Dentistry (DDS) graduate, has studied oral implantology at Harvard University Dental School (certificate) and at the Goethe Medical University, Frankfurt Germany (MSc). He is an associate professor in dental medicine at Lugano University of Switzerland Malta.
- University of Maryland: BS Chemistry and Math, Chemistry Honorary
- Georgetown University: Research Fellowship - four awards in radio - calcium absorption - ADA presentation
- Harvard University School of Dental Medicine- Oral Implantology CE- P Schnitman
- Oral Cancer Student Intern - Memorial Sloan-Kettering Medical Center New York, NY
- CE> 7000 CEUs on AGD registry
- Goethe Medical University, U of Frankfurt, Germany- MSc Oral Implantology
- Associate Professor of Dental Medicine, Lugano U of Switzerland HEI- Malta
- Master- Academy of General Dentistry
- Diplomate- American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry
- Diplomate- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Fellow- American Board of Forensic Dentistry
- Fellow/Honored Fellow- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Diplomate- American Board of General Dentistry
- Fellow- Academy of Osseointegration
- Member- ADA, AGD, APS, AO, ICOI, AAID, AADE, CScEd, AADEJ, NEDS
- ResearchGate score: 30.84, 87.5%- Impact Points 73.91
Bruce Dougherty, DDS
- 1981 - Doctor of Dental Surgery, Northwestern University Dental School, Chicago, IL
- 1976 - Bachelor of Science, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
Activities and Memberships
- Private Practice with Windham & Groton Dental Group Since 1981
- On Staff at Windham Hospital 1982-2005
- American Dental Association, CT State Dental Association, Northeastern CT Dental Association, Association of Dental Group Practice
Danielle Green, DMD
- B.A. in Biology from the College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, MA in 1986.
- Obtained D.M.D. from University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine in 1990
- Completed a hospital residency in general dentistry at the University of Rochester at Strong Memorial Hospital
Activities and Memberships
For the past twelve years I have been a member of the American and Connecticut Dental Associations as well as a past member of the Academy of General Dentistry. Although I am not a pediatric dentist, I was the president of the Connecticut Society of Dentistry for Children from 1999-2000.
Erica Kopycinski, RDH
Erica has been a Dental Hygienist for over 8 years. She graduated from Briarwood College. In Erica's free time she enjoys, boating, the beach, fishing, spending time with her husband and dog.
Carolyn Crump, RDH
Carolyn graduated in 1989 from Eric Community College in NY. She has been at Groton Dental Group for 28 years. Carolyn became certified in 2005 for local anesthetic. She loves teaching and working one on one with her patients. She is a mother of 3 and married to a handsome remodeler. In Carolyn's free time she enjoys sports as well as many other fitness activities with family.
Arlene Curtis, RDH
60 Years and Holding.
Suzanne Swank, RDH
Suzanne has been a Dental Hygienist for 29 years. She graduated from Suny Farmingdale with an Associates Degree, UConn with a Batchelors Degree, and Rensselaer at Hartford with a Masters Degree. Some of Suzanne's interests include: music, animal rescue, alpacas/ fiber, gardening, and spending time with family and friends.
Becky Gates, RDH
Becky is a 2009 graduate from the University of New Haven with her Associates of Science in Dental Hygiene. She has been with the practice since she graduated in 2009. She prides herself in professionalism and assessing each patient’s needs individually. She strives to provide comfortable care with prophylactic cleanings as well as periodontal treatment in combination with patient education and oral hygiene instruction. Becky is also certified in the administration of local anesthesia. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her husband Kevin and daughter Natalie.
Dana Rogers, RDH
Dana has had the pleasure working for Windham Dental Group for 18 years. She prides herself at performing gentle dental and gingival cleansing without judgement. Her objective is to complete the cleansing with the patient obtaining a better understanding of his or her oral health and demonstating personal skills one can apply at home to improve one's oral hygiene.
Renee Shamsideen, Dental Assistant
Christine Zhang, Dental Assistant
Christine loves her profession, she has been working at the Groton Dental Group for over 10 years. She loves the patients! Christine is a social butterfly and likes making new friends. In her free time she enjoys almost any outdoor activity as well as exercises.
Aisa Mariano, Dental Assistant
Aisa has been with Groton Dental Group for over 20 years. She loves working with the public. She enjoys listening to music, the beach, going to concerts and hanging out with her friends and family.
Brenda Perry, Dental Assistant
Brenda has been a Dental Assistant for 4 years. She loves her son. Some of Brenda's interests include: country concerts and spending time with her family. Brenda enjoys hunting, carpentry , music and cooking.
Christina Carpenter, Dental Assistant
Elissa Saad, Dental Assistant
Elissa went to Huntington Institute for Dental Assisting. She has been in the dental field for 35 years. She has worked for the Windham and Groton Dental Group since 2014. In her spare time she enjoys decorating and painting.
Jorge Ramirez, Lab Technician
Kathy Tulba, Insurance Coordinator
Kathy is the insurance coordinator for the Groton Dental Group. Kathy's loyalty and longevity for over 30 years is an asset to researching and solving all of your insurance needs. In her free time she enjoys the beach, snowmobiling, gardening and dinners with family and friends.
Nicolina Soucy, General Manager
General Manager of CT Dental Group for 37 years. When not at work, I love spending time with my 5 grandchildren and family. I love cooking and gardening. Ask me "What is my favorite dish to prepare?"
Sherry Shakeshaft, Billing Specialist
Sherry has been working at the Groton Office for over 30 years in the billing department. In her free time Sherry enjoys boating and family.
Whitney Pope, Receptionist
Whitney has over 8 years of experience in the dental field. She aspires to make every patient feel at home when they walk through the door. Whitney has been at Groton Dental Group since 2016 and is looking forward to many more years with the fantastic team here.
Robin MacMahon, Receptionist
Robin is a beloved addition to the Groton Dental Group with over 5 years of customer service experience. She has always loved dentistry and is always striving to put a smile on patients faces.